Sunday 28 November 2010

Research (very valuable)

Over the past week I've been doing a little more research on relevant artists and art styles to further develop my own little book.




I felt particularly inspired by Olivier Kugler and how he gives his characters stories and narrative annotations - I would also like to incorporate this into my work.



Also, another inspiration was the Hans Christian Andersen tale of The Little Match Girl. It's a very bittersweet little story (for those of you who don't know the plot, I've embedded a YouTube video of the animated Disney short - keep the Kleenex nearby) but I felt it related a lot to the themes I'm dealing with.





And, finally, I'm starting on the drawings for my book. I shall scan them in and do a little Photoshopping work before printing them out.

I'd love some feedback! Thanks :)

1 comment:

Chiu said...

don't forget to focus on ALL aspects of your design - everyone seems to have gained nothing from Lois's type sessions, and yet the work from those weeks looks really sophisticated - DON'T forget everything you've done from the previous weeks!!!