Saturday 20 November 2010

The Underbelly of Birmingham

The first few pages, trying to plan things out:




I've decided to try and put a different spin on the theme of the Big Issue (particularly as I'm inspired by Olivier Kugler's work), inspired by a "Q&A" session held in Illustration this past Thursday. I also look forward to spending some time in the printmaking room, and doing some further research on Sue Coe, a printmaker who also deals in political/social themes. I will go on to explore design ideas in the form of dummy books, folded from a single sheet of paper:

1 comment:

Chiu said...

From your sensitivity to social issues I gather that your cover is irony? - I hope so :)

Still I would change it to:

How to meet and greet a big issue seller - and then inside have the stories of sellers inside